Thursday, September 6, 2007

The one who inspired me

Her contagious laughter echoes all around...Her giggles do let me know if she is present in the office or not...'Cos they rip apart the air from a distance and soothe your ears...They sometimes make me introspect and feel that I'm abnormal as some days, I don't laugh at all! Her name is Shalini - though contrary to her name, she is a carefree, bindaas soul, always ready to help though. She exudes a warmth, a radiance and a positive energy so strong which can light a hundred bulbs...Ok, maybe I exaggerated a bit...But she is really a strong influence on my tender mind. Well hitherto, I considered myself strong enough but after hearing through what she has gone through in life, I feel like a novice. God chooses his persons carefully, the ones who have the endurance to go through it all, all by themselves, single-handedly face the adversities of life and emerge as sure-shot winners...And I salute this winner..She is not in any way less than the heroes of Kargil...I mean they have the whole batallion with them and their families back home but she fought all alone. At times, she didn't have a place to sleep and had to sleep in a car...At others, she didn't have a car and had to walk over miles...Did her education on her own, fetched her own bread and butter, Had sleep in her eyes but cudn't sleep as she had to study and work full time. She made her own life, took her own decisions and reached her own heights...I mean how many such self-made people do you meet in your life? And I'm lucky to have met one in my stint at Chicago...These whole negative experiences of her life haven't left her bitter at all, instead made her a better person for life! Way to go my friend...

No comments: